The Black Pearl sails majestically on Lake Ontario. This picture was
taken recently by photographer, ER Goodnight, as the Black Pearl sailed
near Wilson, New York. During the weekends, while she is docked at
Lewiston, the Black Pearl is available for one-hour cruises on the
Niagara River, and chartered three-hour sails on Lake
The Black Pearl
Historic Lewiston Cruises
***UNFORTUNATELY, THE BLACK PEARL IS
STILL UNDERGOING RENOVATIONS AND WILL NOT BE SAILING IN 2013.
HOPEFULLY, SHE WILL BE BACK IN LEWISTON IN THE SUMMER OF 2014.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. ***
Call today to make your reservations. Cruises departing from
the Lewiston, NY, dock, just beneath
the Silo Restaurant, North Water Street
As you sail the Lower Niagara River, you'll be in a time machine
taking you back in history -- you'll see where slaves escaped to
Canada, where the first battle of the War of 1812 was fought, where
French explorers first landed to trade with the native Americans, and
where Niagara Falls started 12,000 years ago.
comments from first cruise video
Recent article in Buffalo News
Black Pearl Schedule
||One hour ($35)
||Three hour ($75)
||Noon, 1:30pm, 3pm
You can reserve the Black Pearl by
appointment for private charter
cruises (2 hour min.) for $300 per hour. Call 877-754-1812.
Black Pearl Rules
- No alcohol can be brought on board. No alcohol will be
served. You can bring your own alcohol (beer and wine only) with you if
you charter the entire boat. Consumption must be legal, done in
moderation, and intoxication will not be permitted.
- Report to the Lewiston dock 15 minutes before your
- Passengers who arrive late and "miss the boat" will not be
eligible for refunds.
- Passengers will be issued refunds if the trip is cancelled
for weather, mechanical problems, or other reasons determined by the
- Children must be accompanied by an adult who has
supervisory control. Due to safety precautions, we cannot
- Passengers are required to obey the commands of the Captain
and crew. The Captain's orders and decisions are final. Safety is
Black Pearl Tickets
(There are no actual "tickets." We
are using colored wrist bands you can pick up and wear as proof of
purchase. Each trip has a different color.)
- Reserve space by calling the Historical Association of
Lewiston at 877-754-1812. You will be asked to leave your name and
number and we will call you back for your credit card info. We
accept Visa and Mastercard. (Please remember, we are basically a
volunteer non-profit organization and this is a fundraising project. We
appreciate your patience and understanding.)
- Reservations can be made up until 5pm on Thursday, before
the weekend cruises.
- After 12 noon on Friday, any available tickets remaining
for the weekend may be purchased directly at the Silo Restaurant on a
first-come, first serve basis. "Cash and carry only." (Do not call the
Silo for reservations or to hold tickets for you. They can't help you.)
- After your reservations are made, you can pick up your
tickets (wrist bands) at the Silo on Friday or on the day of your
- Before you board the Black Pearl, you will be
asked to fill out a release form, including your name, contact
information, email, etc. We need the names of all passengers for each
Things You Should Know
- For seating, just find a place to
sit down, for example on the cabin top or in or around the cockpit.
- Soft sole comfortable shoes are recommended. High heels are
- The Black Pearl is not wheelchair accessible.
- Schedules can change at anytime for any number of reasons.
- The Black Pearl does have an engine, so even if there is no
wind, it can still cruise.
- There is a restroom on board, but please understand it is
difficult to get to because of the very steep stairs to the cabin below.